This soup is, and probably will always be, the best soup I’ve ever made. It’s light. It’s frothy. It’s fresh. It’s in-season. It’s perfect. It’s the best of the best. It’s the best thing to come out of my kitchen, ever.
The only down side is that my husband hates cold soups. He hasn’t even tasted this soup! But he knows he hates it. I think it’s something to do with being raised on boarding school food; whatever the case I wish he would just open his heart and try a spoon full of this soup because I know he would love it. What does he love? He loves 5-star restaurants and fancy food…this soup fits that bill perfectly! If you’re having fancy guests over, MAKE THIS SOUP! You’ll impress their pants right off! Men, if you want to impress a lady…make this soup and you’re definitely getting lucky tonite!
- 2 Cucumbers - large - chopped into 1" pieces
- 1/3 cup Vegan Sour Cream - I used Tofutti
- 1/4 cup Mint Leaves - rinsed and picked from the stem
- 1 T Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 t Sea Salt
- Cayenne Pepper - to taste - 1 pinch or more
- Throw it ALL into a blender or food processor.
- Blend it up for about a minute.
- Refrigerate for 1 or more hours before serving.
- Season with fresh ground black pepper, if desired.
Serve with a nice crusty bread or garlic bread. Please let me know what you think! I’d love feedback or additions or substitutions :)